Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Calming the Pre-Departure Jitters California Style

 Greetings from San Diego!

It's pretty late on the night before we set sail, so I'll keep things brief with a few pictures to catch you up on all the fun!




Yesterday, I flew into Long Beach and drove down to Temecula for some relaxing wine tasting with my aunt and close friend from college. Such a beautiful part of the valley!




My aunt and I enjoyed a wonderful fireside dinner at a cute restaurant in Escondido. Who would have thought something above a car dealership could have such great apps and waiters!


Then today I spent the day finishing up last minute shopping and just trying to relax. I realized that there are definitely some late game jitters popping up, so time at Pacific Beach and a little wave watching definitely helped calm a few fears!

Then I got to enjoy a sunset and dinner with a great college friend! So blessed!

But alas...






NO GREEN FLASH! :(

I'm not even sure if they are real...




So... here I am... the night before this incredible adventure... 4 months of clothing, shoes, toiletries, accessories, school supplies, medicine, and of course, a TEXAS flag all packed into two small bags. I'd like to pause briefly for all of the women out there who are unsure if this is a real picture... yes, ladies, two bags! I think there should be awards for something like this... just sayin'.

"Take what you can use and let the rest go by."
-Ken Kesey
I'm definitely still a little nervous, but as I wrote in the previous post, I've just decided that there are some things in life more important than our fears. I'm putting all my hope in faith that something amazing will come out of the next 4 months... I just can't wait to see what that will be!

Catch you from the SEA on the next post!

Question of the day:

Has anyone ever seen the damn green flash thing?!

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen the green flash. It's very rare because you need perfect visiblity (~100 mi) so that also makes it more common during sunrises when it's clearer and colder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, Tracy, ye of little faith. Yes I have seen the Green Flash several times - I've had more chances because of living here in San Diego! Jim can attest to the veracity of the Green Flash as well. ENJOY your adventure and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temecula! I love that place... You should have gone skydiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the two bags. Congrats to your packing accomplishments. Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is especially incredible for YOU, the one who brings 50 pairs of every clothing item to college, to keep it to two bags. GOOD LUCK TRACY! So excited to follow your journey

    ReplyDelete